You can view it by clicking this link:
The Europeana 1914-1918 team
About the Europeana 1914-1918 Project
BackgroundEuropeana 1914-1918 is based on an initiative at the University of Oxford where people across Britain were asked to bring family letters, photographs and keepsakes from the War to be digitised. The success of the idea – which became the Great War Archive – has encouraged Europeana, Europe’s digital archive, library and museum, to bring other national or local institutions across Europe into an alliance with Oxford University. The collaboration brings European stories online alongside their British, German, Slovenian, Luxembourgian, Irish, etc. counterparts in a World War One stories collection.
What we are doingThe project is collecting memorabilia and stories from the period of the Great War (1914-1918). This phase of the project is focussing on European items: letters, postcards, photographs and stories from Germany, Luxembourg, Ireland, Slovenia and the UK.
- University of Oxford
- German National Library – die Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
- National Library of Luxembourg – Bibliothèque nationale du Luxembourg
- National Library of Ireland
- National Library of Slovenia – Narodna in univerzitetna knjižnica
- The Royal Library: The National Library of Denmark and Copenhagen University Library - Det Kongelige Bibliotek: Nationalbibliotek og Københavns Universitetsbibliotek